Trying to Lose Weight? Check Out the Top 2 Ways to Burn Fat!
July 23, 2014
Find Out Why Roasted Vegetables Taste the BEST (Forget Steaming!)
August 6, 2014
Beets are not usually mentioned when someone asks, "what's your favorite vegetable?" but beets are a highly nutritious (AND delicious) veggie packed with potassium, fiber, vitamin C and iron. Roasting beets, or any vegetable for that matter, gives them a hearty and crunchy texture and adding ingredients like olive oil and herbs adds extra flavor and variety to the vegetables. Try this recipe and you'll see why roasted beets might just be your new fave:
Olive oil and Herb Roasted Beets
Ingredients (serves 4-6 people):
- 3 yellow or red beets
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
1. Line a cookie tray with foil and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Peel and slice beets and place on cookie tray. Drizzle beets with olive oil and bake for about 20 minutes.
3. Turn beets and sprinkle with herb seasonings.
4. Bake for another 15 minutes or until beets are soft (or your desired texture).
***This recipe can be used to roast any vegetable. Decrease the roasting time depending on consistency of the vegetable (for example: roast veggies like cauliflower and broccoli for 20-30 minutes max).
Contact ThriveRD for more easy, healthy and delicious vegetables: email@example.com.