Trying to Lose Weight? Check Out the Top 2 Ways to Burn Fat!
July 23, 2014
Add Nutrition Bang for Your Buck in 1 Simple Recipe
August 15, 2014
In honor of Kids Eat Right month, we were inspired to find ways to add more nutrient value to simple, everyday recipes that the whole family will love. This simple pesto recipe adds the superfood spinach, which brings the nutrition value up in many vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium and vitamin A. The best part - you can't even taste a difference!
Ingredients (makes 1 cup pesto):
- 1/2 cup organic basil
- 1/2 cup organic spinach
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted pine nuts
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and dry basil and spinach and add to food processor.
2. Add cheese, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper and pulse until thoroughly chopped.
3. Turn pulse to low and gradually add in olive oil until mixed well.
4. Pesto goes perfectly with whole wheat pasta, baked chicken or even quinoa!
Contact us for more simple, nutrition packed recipes today!