Today marks the official first day of fall! We start to notice the crisp cool mornings, leaves turning to orange and red and of course, the urge to bake! These grain free blueberries muffins are the perfect baked snack or grab and go breakfast option. They're also dairy free, low carb, Paleo, gluten free and can easily be made vegan. I top mine with some natural peanut butter for a boost of protein and healthy fats to kickstart my morning! Enjoy!
(Makes about 12 muffins)
2 cups almond flour
2 egg whites (for a vegan recipe, use 1 tsp baking soda and 1/4 cup of apple sauce in place of the eggs)
2 cups of blueberries
1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. olive or coconut oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. apple cidar vinegar
1 tbsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
3. Combine all ingredients except blueberries in a food processer and pulse until smooth.
4. Fold blueberries into batter mixture.
5. Evenly scoop blueberry batter into muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes.
Nutrition info for 1 muffin:
1g saturated fat
2g monunsaturated fat
0.5g polyunsaturated fat
For more healthy recipes and fitness tips, contact us!